Monday, June 29, 2009

Our trip to canada day 3 and 4!

Day 3 and 4 of our trip consisted mostly of just hanging out and touring around the area. I took way too many pictures and believe it or not, I narrowed it down to a small amount...

Here we have uncle Bob showing us his rock...


It's pretty cool isn't it...

Bob's dogs... Sparky and Teddy...

Bob and John imitating Sparky and Teddy...

This tree in the front yard is the perfect sitting place...

John and I drove around for a little while to see the sites. There are a lot of lakes in the area...
This is a sign for a snow mobile crossing. Not something you see here in VA or in TN everyday...There are lots of ski resorts up there of course. And this what they look like in the summer. It is a water park now!


A red winged black bird... (sometimes confused with an oriole bird) This lake is within walking distance of their backyard. It is so beautiful.


I also discovered the Wide view on my camera. Such a beautiful view...
trying to pose in front of the lake...

There are a lot trees that look like this around the lake...

And a lot of these.... It was a huge beaver dam. We couldn't get any closer to take a better picture... Such a cool thing to see...

Later in the 3rd day we drove over to Wakefield, a small town nearby. This was a small church with a big amazing door. We had to get some pictures...

Me, aunt France, and Ginette
Me, John, and France


John and me in front of this adorable gift shop...Ginette, John, and France....

Then we headed to what they refer to as Patat??? ...

To get Poutine- (from wikipedia- Poutine is a dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese curds, covered with brown gravy... Poutine is a diner staple which originated in Quebec and can now be found across Canada...) I have to admit that it was just okay. I ended up not eating much of the cheese curd, but the fries with the brown gravy was fine. It reminds me of cheese fries from America. The cheese curd was just too much for me. I don't eat much cheese as it is. I know, I'm weird.
Open! I just loved seeing signs in French...

Next we headed over to the Wakefield Covered Bridge. Where I found this fun sign. It says something about poison Ivy I think.The Wakefield Covered Bridge
....

The inside of the bridge.

Ginette took a cute picture of John and me...
Outside the bridge...
Me....The covered bridge from far away...

from inside the covered bridge, this is a picture of the bridge people use now...
We got back to the house and Bob had his bike out for us to pose on... (Ginette)


Bob and me posing...

au revoir!

bonjour encore! We only went to the end of the driveway and back. But it was fun...

Ginette took this picture of me under a tree in the back yard...

France with all the the dogs. From left, Teddy, Sparky, Missy Winston, Princess. Princess is the mother of all the other dogs...

A blue jay hanging out at the feeder...

some of the birds share their dinner with the chipmunks... They were so cute...

And then there was this pesty guy... He jumped from a tree on the left, and scurries across the poll...

then he attempts to dump out the feeder so that he can eat it all off the ground.

After a wonderful dinner together we took one last group picture: Me with Missy, John with Princess, Bob with Sparky, France with Teddy, and Ginette with Winston...

John helping Bob clean up a little before we left.

We were blessed with a safe trip and made it across the border with no problems both ways. We had such a good time and hope to go in the winter time some time in the coming years so that we can enjoy the slopes and the Aurora Borealis.


Don't forget to see more of our trip in the next post....

No comments: