Monday, June 29, 2009

Our trip to Canada Day 1 and 2!!!


John and I were blessed with a chance to drive up to Syracuse, NY and Canada to see his parents and family... We had a rough week prior to the trip, with our car in the shop, so we ended up renting a very nice car through our warranty, and even saved our mileage- Blessing in disguise.


John and me getting ready to leave the house...

I was playing with my camera in the car. I think we were just into the state of NY at this point...

Sepia setting on the camera... John watching the traffic with deep thought...

Black and White setting.... John, again with concentration. He drove the whole way. I think he thought I didn't want to drive...


We finally arrived in Syracuse... John's mom, Ginette made us an awesome salad for dinner, then she and I went driving around seeing the little town of Manlius...


This is the duck pond in Manlius. I think it is the main attraction...

Or maybe the main attraction is this. It is an ice cream stand. We stopped and got some. It was okay, funny how the crowd was so HUGE. It was right next to a couple of baseball fields. Fun little town...

Then Ginette took me to the fancy grocery store there. I got to play with the sunset setting on my camera. So much fun.


Another shot...The grocery store had the BIGGEST candy section I've ever seen. No, I didn't eat any....

When we left, We played around with the settings again to capture the moon. It was a gorgeous night....


The second day of our trip took us to Ottawa, Canada. This is the capital of all of Canada.
A close up of one the old buildings...

We were in the province of Quebec. They speak french. I could listen to Ginette talk in French all day. I love it. I decided that I am going to learn to speak some French before we go back next time, so that I can understand more.

We headed away from the city, to John's uncles house. Such a beautiful place.

More sunset pictures...

Greetings!!! (from left, John, his aunt France, Uncle Bob, and Ginette getting out of the car)
The land has a natural spring and a cute little pond. So we all took a walk there. Here is John-walking Winston, France, Bob- walking Princess, and Ginette- walking Missy...

Bob has kept up the yard since they moved into the house that used to be John's grandfathers and grandmothers. He does an amazing job. We spent some time walking around just enjoying the plants and trees. I love the bark on these trees. And the azalea's looked beautiful!

This is a beautiful lilac tree...
We ended our second day on our trip hanging out with Uncle Bob and France. John of course had to check out Bob's Anniversary edition Harley. Nice ride...


Checking it out with Uncle Bob... My handsome husband enjoying the time with his uncle...

I even had to get in on the action...



1 comment:

Susie said...

Looks as if you guys had a wonderful time, along with taking in alot of activities.