Friday, June 19, 2009

Congratulations John!

John has been going through firefighter 1 training since the beginning of January. He has gone every single Wednesday and every other Sunday since then. He has studied very hard with Jeff. AND they both passed! I have a few pictures from the graduation. My camera battery was dying, so I didn't get very good pictures of him excepting his certificate, but I have some great pictures of after the ceremony.

This is John and Jeff with Russel, one of their many instructors.

A few of the guys from our fire department came to the ceremony. From left: Chief-Eric, Richie, John, instructor- Lee, Jeff, and Terry

Jeff and John with their friend, Saunders, from the neighboring station in our area.

Our great friend Andy also made it to the ceremony. I John was very happy he was able to be there. (Jeff, Andy, John.)

John and me
Rachel and Jeff...

We all went out to eat after the ceremony at the Liberty Station, an old train station turned restaurant. It was delicious and we will definitely go there again in the future. We somehow convinced our very nice server to let us try a dessert. We were all stuffed but we all passed it around to get a taste. I am so proud of John. He will always have training courses to take to keep up to date, but this was a big hurdle and the longest class he will have to take. I love that he commits himself to the community and our relationship. There will be times that he is about to sit down to dinner or fix the thing-a-ma-bob for me, and get called for his service. Being a firefighter is a continuous commitment. The fire department here is all volunteer and I know his services are appreciated and needed. I love you babe!

No comments: