Monday, June 29, 2009

#2 Volunteer at the Rescue Mission!

John and I had an opportunity to volunteer at the Rescue Mission Friday night. Rachel and Jeff tagged along and we met up with our church there. It was so much fun! I can't wait to do it again. I love volunteering and helping others. Rachel and I helped serve the food and the guys helped out on the dish machine. It was a great experience, and made me realize how absurd I am when I open up my overflowing pantry door and stare at it blankly thinking I don't know what to eat. Heck, I have a can opener and a can of veggies, and that is more than some have that eat at the Rescue Mission. God is so good to the Mission. They get all there food by donation and most of the staff is volunteer based. My favorite part is that the people come in get dinner and are allowed to stay the night if they are willing to go to the church service there at the Mission. There are also showers and a laundry facility for them to use.

Here are some pictures of us inbetween serving.


Maryanna...
Jeff on dish...

Greg helping with the dishes...
John was helping with dishes and stocking the serving line with dishes...

Maryanna, me, and Rachel, and a couple of the youth volunteers behind us...

All of the volunteers from our church:

Kristi (me), John, Rachel, Jeff, Maryanna, a youth member, Greg and a few more youth volunteers...

No comments: