Monday, April 27, 2009

Beautiful weather means we're at the lake

We have a great friend of ours, Andy...

who always invites us to the lake. He lives for having fun and friends to share his space with. This past weekend he invited us, other fellow employees that John works with, and some visiting engineers from Mexico, to come out and enjoy the water. The water was really cold but that didn't stop us. I took lots of fun pictures of everyone enjoying the festivities.

Me and Charlotte
Tyler on the tube
John pulling Tyler...
Jesus (pronounced hey-zoo-s)
Mike catching some fish...
John on the wake board...
Andy making some waves
The cove (out and to the right leads to the rest of (Smith Mountain Lake)
John pulling Jeff on the wake board
Rachel taking Ty for a spin on the jet ski...
Me and Charlotte again...
Charlotte and me.... note this is before she lost her hat and we had to try to pick it up on the water, ALMOST falling in and therefore soaking the two ladies who didn't want to be in the water.
Carlos in the kayak
Sam trying to figure it out....Jesus and Rocio...
Hernando, Hugo (pronounced who-go) and Andy... They were re-screwing the seat down after an adventurous ride where whoever was sitting there maybe flew threw the air. I wish I had been on the boat to see that.
Rocio and Jesus (Rocio is also not thrilled with the idea of being in the lake water-just like me. She is going to be a great friend. Her and her husband, Jesus, have only lived here for about 6 months. She is going to teach me how to make authentic Mexican food! I am going to help her in anyway I can here in America)
Tyler gliding in the kayak
Charlotte, Rachel and Rocio
John getting ready to stand up on his jet ski...
Mike and Crystal...
John docking his jet ski...
Jeff cruisin' the lake
Tyler...
At the end of the night, as always, we grilled out-burgers, hot dogs, brats, and chicken burritos- and ended the night with a movie outside. We watched Transformers (how appropriate for the men who all work at a company that makes Transformers.) John and Andy designed this little fixture last summer to hold up the sheet as the screen. It is so nice sitting out under the stars listening to the fish splash. It is the truest definition of enjoying summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I have 18 days left 'til my summer officially starts. You just made me quite jealous. :-D We mowed the lawn and I did school work last weekend.