Thursday, April 16, 2009

Baked Corn Dogs!!!

This was a very tasty idea! I really love corn dogs. I have to avoid mustard right now because it will stain my rubber bands on my braces. So, the night before I went to the orthodontist, I decided it would be a good night for corn dogs with mustard, lots of it! I had this recipe that I found over at Big Red Kitchen's blog. I did a variation of her recipe/idea.

Ingredients:
  • 2 boxes of jiffy corn muffin mix(follow directions on box to make the mix, you will need to boxes, 2 eggs, and 2/3 cup of milk.)
  • 6-8 hot dogs (I used ball park franks

Directions:
  • preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • follow directions on the Jiffy corn muffin package
  • grease baking dish (I think I used a 7x11 or something close to that dimension)
  • pour batter in dish and gently place the hot dogs in the batter-about an inch apart
  • bake for about 25 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test!
  • slice in the middle of the bread between the dogs.

Just top with your favorite fixins- mustard or ketchup!


(even Jeff-who detests hot dogs, ate 1! They were MMmmm good! What I'll do different next time: remember to spray the baking dish and make a few more!!!)

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love this healthy version and how easy it is to make!