Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye to 2008!!!

It has been a long year! I would definitely say that John and I have been blessed this year. Even through the rough economical times, we were fortunate enough to keep our jobs, each other and stay on top of our economic status. God really blessed us.

Best memory of 2008: getting to spend time at the lake with our friend Andy and having our friends Jeff & Rachel realize how awesome Roanoke is, and get them to move here.

Least favorite memory in 2008: I would say we are fortunate not to have any major concerns. We were very fortunate. I guess if I have to choose something, it would be when John and Andy discovered that it was a relay switch that had prevented my AC from not working the past 3-years! Not the compressor. At least I have a car though!

Best dinner out in 2008: John and I went to Williamsburg, VA to go to Busch Gardens, with our friends Andy and Penny. It was a fun trip. We ate at this nice restaurant next to our hotel. I had Prime Rib for the first time ever! It was amazing. I hope to go there again next time we visit there.

Best date with John in 2008: Honestly, I would rather mention that carpooling with him is best date ever. We get to see each other without much distraction for that little bit of time. I really do cherish it.

2008 was full of weddings as well!

We attended Trista and Allan's wedding in Charleston. It was a fun short little trip. We were unable to stay the night before the wedding due to the Hurricane that was off shore the day/night before. The wedding was absolutely beautiful though, and they couldn't have asked for better weather on their special day!

We also got to be a part of our best friends wedding, Jeff and Rachel. They got married in October. It was one of the best ceremonies I have ever heard. It was fit for them so well. They were blessed to have family from all over come in to visit. John and I will never forget getting to be a part of their magical day.

I am very excited about 2009 and what it holds for John and I as we are in our second year of marriage. I hope it is as blessed as the last and full of laughter and love. We wish the best for all of our family and friends!

I wanted to post a few more pictures of Christmas celebrations from our trip home to see family. It was lots of fun. We got to hang out with friends that we haven't got to see in a while and with my family. I enjoyed getting to spend time with my mom, dad, brother, nephew, niece and my sister. John even took my dad shooting at the range. My dad had never done that and John was happy to have a buddy to do that with.

This is my nephew Bryce, niece Jaden, me and John. We were eating Christmas Eve dinner at my moms.



This is John and me with my niece Jaden. She doesn't really prefer me, but she didn't mind sitting on my lap as long as I was willing to share my food!



This is my niece Jaden with my one of my many second cousins on my moms side of the family. He is adorable he was opening gifts on the floor in front of me, and kept trying to show me everything. There were so many kids. I will post a video if we can figure out how to load it from John's phone. John sent it to his brother who was with his whole family of about 9 people, in Florida. I think they thought we were kidding.


Here I am this past Monday night back at home making chicken noodle soup in my giant new stockpot that my mom and dad got me for Christmas! It was so nice to have a decent large size pot that I wouldn't loose half the noodles to the bottom. (something a lot of cookers understand)

This is the chicken soup I was making for my sick John, in my new pot. (he has strep. lovely.)



I just wanted to brag about what I did. I really wanted to put together a little basket for our friends Pip and Miranda. She is so creative so I had think of something cute and fun. I got a little help from Bed, Bath, and Beyond with their bucket with popcorn and candy. I added to it though. I just had to show the fun little date/movie night bucket! (contains popcorn, candies, pop, and popcorn seasoning)

Everyone stay safe tonight if you are out celebrating New Years Eve! I will be home enjoying shrimp, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, and buffalo wings!

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I'm looking forward to more Everything but the Kitchen Sink in 2009! Happy New Year!