Monday, December 15, 2008

Smoked Gouda and Bacon Chicken

Cooking is a big part of my life. I love to cook. I love to hear the happiness in my husband and friends as they ask what I'm making?! I will be blogging about some dishes that I'm serving up. I will try to always put a link to where I found it, in case you want more info or better pictures!

Smoked Gouda and Bacon Chicken
(adapted from Elly says Opa's -Smoked Mozzarella and Bacon Chicken)

Ingredients:

-4 Chicken Breasts
-Smoked Gouda- or whatever cheese you desire, I had a block that I sliced little slivers off of to stuff the chicken
-seasonings: Garlic pepper
-8 slices of bacon


1. Make a slit in the chicken breast.

2. Stuff the chicken with the slices of Cheese (I used smoked Gouda)

3. Season the chicken with light seasons, I used garlic pepper

4. Wrap the Chicken with bacon. (I had very large pieces of chicken that required 2 slices of bacon)

5. Bake the chicken at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until done. (I always slice the thickest piece open to check)



The only thing I will do different next time is put more cheese in.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum... you had me a smoked gouda! :)

Kristi~Leigh said...

It was delicious. I couldn't find smoked mozzarella, and I already had the smoked gouda. It was mild but delicious.