Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Weekend!

Jeff, Rachel, John and I will all be heading back to Tennessee to see our families and won't be seeing much of each other this week for the holiday. So we decided to open our gifts to each other on Saturday. We started with a little Christmas dinner of our own. We had a spiral ham that the guys each received from the fire department where they volunteer. We were blessed with an amazing dinner. It was all delicious.


I want to start by saying we all spoiled each other with some amazing gifts, and don't normally splurge this much at all. Big gift for Jeff was a new Wii! John and I chipped in so that Rachel would be able to get it for him. We were all very excited to let the cat out of the bag. It was exhausting keeping such a big secret. Especially for John, who had to hear Jeff talk about wanting one all the time. Rachel also got some awesome gifts from Jeff. She finally got the bedding she had been drooling over. It looks amazing on their bed. John and I got her a few things that she had also had her eye on. A photo serving tray, photo coasters and these fancy gloves from etsy:

John and I got each other a few small things and each picked out one big thing that we will be getting ourselves in January. I got John a few necessities: couple pair of bluejeans, Polo's, a robe, socks, and for fun I got him an 8 gig jump drive. He got me these giant frames that I love from Walmart, a small crock pot, that amazing cookbook that I fell in Love with and blogged about (see post below), a couple shirts, these awesome canvas prints and wall words that I loved, and a pair of these for me:

Jeff and Rachel also got John the knife sharpening kit that John has wanted forever. They also got us the shelf for our office, and a new blender! I am super excited about what was hidden in my stocking. Rachel got me a meat mallet and potato masher! I was so excited about these. I can't wait to use them.


Here's some more pictures from the fun night.




God blessed us this year in so many ways. I hope that everyone is enjoying spending time with friends and family and eating lots of good food this joyous Christmas and holiday season! May God bless you and the ones you love in the year to come!

2 comments:

PEFF said...

I GOT A Wii YYYEEESSS!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get home and play it!!!

"John" said...

Thanks for everything babe! Not just Christmas present either, EVERYTHING you do!!

I love you!