Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowl Recap!

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone enjoyed their Super Bowl XLIII weekend! We had a small shindig with just the 4 of us. We feasted on Venison Queso dip, pulled pork sandwiches, teriyaki wings and this brownie concoction. (I didn't make the Chocolate Ganache for mine. We were all to impatient for that when I made them on Saturday night. Hence there are no pictures from my house!) Every thing was delicious. Jeff grilled the wings. They were perfect. He actually marinated them in Buffalo Wild Wings, Teriayki sauce. MMmmm. He also used the sauce to glaze them while they were grilling. We were sad to see the Cardinals didn't win. It was a good game though.

Here is John sneaking into the dip before everyone noticed. Doesn't he just look guilty!

Here is a picture of all of us cheesing with our jerseys on. Note: none of them were actually playing in the Super Bowl and John's is actually a Hockey team. lol!

I wanted to throw this randomness in. We have here dinner prepared by Rachel, I believe last Thursday. I just want to point out two things. Angel Hair pasta is the bomb! I had no idea how much tastier it could be than regular spaghetti. Note, we had to take a picture of Jeff's plate because I had already dug into mine. Second I want to point out that this was made with ground venison. For those of you who don't eat venison because you have never tried it. You HAVE TO try it! It is so much leaner than ground beef. It is amazing and just as tasty. It does smell funny raw, but tastes just like beef if not better. Stay tuned for the reason I am pointing this out. I'll get to that later this week.



Oh, FYI, Denny's is giving away their breakfast meals for free until 2:00pm today in honor of Super Bowl. That's the word, I don't really know why they would give all that food away. So move over Lean Cuisine, here comes Denny's for lunch!

No comments: