Monday, January 26, 2009

Did you just meow at me?

It has been a very busy couple of weeks. I have been assigned a huge new duty at work and it is mentally fatiguing. I can do the work it is just a lot more than I was doing and I still have to keep doing what I was doing. Anywho, breakdown of the things you've missed: last Monday we had a huge snow. Okay it was an inch. But there was no snow in town just out here around the lake. We live at the top of a very steep hill. We couldn't leave and there were multiple accidents. We were woken up by the scanner calling for John's station to assist. That is when John threw on his clothes and stepped out the back door to find he couldn't leave. We had to just listen and wait. Luckily no one was terribly hurt that morning on our road. Though, an ambulance did slide off the road right next to our road and had to cancel responding to its call. Jeff went to PA last week and got to see a lot more snow than that.
Yesterday the guys did SOC training with the fire squad. Because the lake was frozen they were able to put on the fancy wet suits. They couldn't feel the icy water. They practiced getting each other out of the water and walking/crawling safely on the ice. (see pics)
I went to volunteer at the SPCA. It was actually very relaxing. I helped stack the newspapers that they use for liners. I mopped a little and washed a few pans with there fancy sanitizer/dishwasher. I of course played with the cats and a puppy. They only had one puppy there. The rest were all adopted at there adopt-a-thon the day before. Okay so today was the big day for our 3 cats. They all went to the vet. (see pics of ridiculously spoiled cats going crazy in my car). They had some tests done because of there age. We find out the results Wednesday.


This is Pebbles and Chelsea on the way home from the vet. 2 unhappy cats.
Here is Pebbles wondering when the torture will be over.

This is Wumples in her favorite spot in the car. She loves watching the scenery. I had the window cracked too, so she was smelling the city air.

This is where she was most of the time. It is so fun to watch her watch everything. She loves the outdoors. She secretly wishes she were a wild cat but she wont make it more than an hour outside our home with soft couches and endless food and water (and candy).


Okay, let me explain. This is John pulling another firefighter out of the ice. It was about 6:00pm when this was taking place so it was getting dark, but not quite as dark as it looks.

Here is John testing the waters. It looks like he is sitting in a hot tub, not a small hole that they made in the approximately 3" thick ice.
I wish this one hadn't turned out so dark. This is Jeff being pulled towards the dock by I believe John. Ideally they should stay low to the ice like here, but they were actually able to stand on the ice in most spots because it was so thick.

Here's another view. That is John pulling Jeff. That is our friend and firefighter Richie working with another firefighter on the dock.
That's all for now. I wasn't able to take pictures at the SPCA. I want to wait a for a few visits before I take pictures.

1 comment:

PEFF said...

I am so glad You posted something just remeber to do it when im away as it is the only way I can see whats goin on. see you later