Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Casserole time!

I also stumbled upon an amazing recipe on Kayash's blog, Central Cooking. I found a very easy and tasty looking chicken casserole. Her source was allrecipes.com . I didn't tweak the recipe much, but here's how I ran the show.

Veggie Chicken Rice Casserole



  • 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 4 cooked and cubed chicken breasts
  • 1 package of frozen veggie medley (thawed) (corn, carrots, peas)
  • 1 cup of frozen corn (I was sneaking in extra veggies)
  • 2 cups of cooked rice (I used instant to speed up the dinner time)
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • about a package of crumbled Ritz crackers*
  1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix chicken, soup, veggies, rice and water in bowl. (I just did this step in my baking dish)
  3. Sprinkle crumbled crackers on top
  4. Bake in a 9x13 dish for about 15-20 or until bubbly!

*I will use double the crackers next time. It was a very tasty part!