Monday, July 20, 2009

uneventful weekend...

I had a fairly uneventful weekend. I cleaned house Friday night and I worked Saturday. I didn't get much sleep Saturday night because of the dog. Brinks wouldn't stop barking and she sleeps on the porch right outside my window. She is a good guard dog unless there is nothing visibly wrong to us and it is 4:30-5:30 in the morning and she wont stop. But I got to see the sunrise for the first time at our house (never really payed any attention to it before). So Sunday I relaxed and caught up on some reading. John and Jeff went to visit John's brother, Dan, in York, Pennsylvania. We also had Rachel's two younger brothers, Chris and Tyler, come in with their friend James. (sorry no pictures of them.) The guys also had some training last Thursday night for FF. I have some fun pictures from that.

They had to practice with the hoses and the trucks. (see the 2 guys sitting on top, moments after I took this picture, the nozzle broke and they happened to notice, so it was good that were testing it and not having to use it right then.)
John and Jeff turning on the thing-a-ma-bob and shutting off the whatcya-ma-call-it! The guys rolling out the hoses.
Rachel says this picture reminds her of top gun.
My muscular husband hard at work...
Jeff is rolling the hose back up...
My cute husband (I made him stop for a picture)
Jeff using his muscles...
John and Jeff are fully certified and covered by the insurance to drive the trucks... John was enjoying this opportunity...
Jeff was his eyes on the ground. They did the training at the marina and there were a lot of vehicles with boat trailers attached, so there was a lot to maneuver around.
Cody and Clark attached the engine to the waterline that feeds from the lake. (That's Cody's fiance watching them.
One more pose. Isn't he cute..All in all it was a productive training class for the guys.

This coming weekend is the Eddy's Ice Cream Block Party! It is a FREE ice cream party that I won in honor of the fire hall and the rescue hall. I will have lots of pictures of that I'm sure.

No comments: