Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My guests....

So, I'm not talking about Rob & Ruth or Kim & Jamie. I'm talking about 'the big boy', 'the small boy' and 'little girl'! As you know I volunteer at the SPCA here in Roanoke. I get emails every week about what I can do to help. A lot of the emails are foster requests that they send out to everyone. Yes, we are fostering these 3 little rug-rats for 3 weeks!



They loved the empty waste basket. I think they like that it is wicker and they can scratch on it.


How can you not love this face....

I don't know if it is possible for there to be triplet kittens but other than the fact that each one one is a slightly different size, they are completely identical right now. They all have the same markings and fur. I will take more pictures of them to share over the next few weeks.



By letting these 3 runts hangout in my master bath/bedroom for 3 weeks I am insuring that they stayed alive; they get to move from the shelter (that euthanizes) to the SPCA (no kill). They will be old enough to be fixed and given their final shots when they return at the end of their three week stay with us. This isn't something that I imagine we will do often since we have some very angry cats of our own right now, and we go in and out of town a lot and to work. John and I just really wanted to get one litter off that list. 3 weeks is nothing in our lives and so much for these little ones.

I didn't spend much time researching, but I found these important and helpful links for anyone who needs help or knows someone who needs help finding an affordable place to take their pets to get them fixed. Please pass them on.


http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/spayneuter/

http://www.spayusa.org/

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html

1 comment:

Jade said...

Those are the cuttest kittens ever!!! It is awesome that you are fostering them. I'll bet it will be hard to give them up.