Monday, July 27, 2009

Goodbye runts!

Last Thursday I had to return the runts to the SPCA. My time of fostering was over. It went good. I didn't cry or get attached and drag one back out the door with me. Our family is complete right now with our 2 dogs and 3 cats (and 4 people) all in one house. I did take some fun pictures of them. And, I actually got to see them sleep for the first time in 3 weeks! It is hard to believe, but they would never lay down and sleep with us around. So while they were in the crate (both in my car and in my office at work) they decided to rest. They couldn't run and jump and fight so they might as well. Here are some pictures of the little ones--not so little anymore!


No kittens were harmed in the making of this picture: I thought it would be cute to stick them in the entertainment center. That's one of Chelsea's favorite hangouts! They were confused.
They are too cute. They were eagerly waiting for me to open the bathroom door to let them out into our room in order to destroy everything one last time! (I can tell you also that the big boy is on the left, then little girl, then little boy. I got to know them pretty well even though they looked so much alike.)
So I released the hounds....or kittens......
They always want on the counter when I am getting ready in the morning and at night. So I thought I'd leave the water on to see what happens. We had another water-out-of-the-tap lover, like Pebbles.
He's checking out the tub. Another favorite hangout for them.
When we are climbing into bed they love to jump around and chase our feet. They gave John a run for his money. He couldn't understand how the little guy was still chasing his legs/feet after 20 minutes. They have never ending energy... (Note the one one on the left is trying to bite John's knee and the other is going for his foot!) They also used his legs to hide behind and wait on another unsuspecting cat to come along and then they would pounce. Too cute!

The little girl was often just hanging out with the brothers while they wrestled. She would try to wrestle too but they would be really gentle as if knowing she was so much smaller and fragile.
The little girl was just so precious.
Here is the evidence showing that they do sleep! See the paw in the face of the one with his head hear the door! Too funny.
It was hard to tell who was who in the carrier, but I think this was the smaller boy. He was feisty and wanted to play in the car on the way to work.
The 2 on the left are spooning and the feisty little guy finally conked out! This is one of my favorite pictures of them.

We had an SPCA dinner get-together on Friday night and the foster coordinator said that they had already fixed them and they were now up for adoption!!! I am so happy that they are now safe from being euthanized!

3 comments:

"John" said...

Rupricts!

"John" said...

Rueprict!!

Unknown said...

They're just adorable! Glad you could help them. :-D