Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Part 2 of Thanksgiving Week!

On the next day of our trip, John and I drove to meet Dan & Tiffany. We ate at a great Mexican restaurant. It was fun to try some different things. They had a different salsa that was supposed to be hotter than the regular, but to be honest, John and I just thought it tasted like mud! I also attempted to eat a pepper. Once John saw how hot it was to me, the one of us who eats really hot stuff, he decided not to eat his. After drinking a lot of water, we headed to La Jolla Cove to Seal Beach. Check out all the pictures…..

Another picture from the top of the resort.

IMG_5370 The weather was always beautiful. A little chili at times, but always sunny. It was a nice break from all the rain on the East coast.

IMG_5371

La Jolla Cove (pronounced Luh Hoi-ya or something like that)

IMG_5373

IMG_5375

IMG_5378

IMG_5385

IMG_5374b

Being the chicken I always am, I was hesitant in jumping over the little gap in the rocks. The guys could just step over, but remember, I’m 5’2”. It was a big step for me. I did end up crossing over finally!

IMG_5376b

I don’t think I could ever live in California, but I really could get used to seeing the sun set over that beautiful ocean.

IMG_5381b

The “Seal Beach” is very popular with the seals during the winter months. They make their nest there. There were quite a few there the day we visited.

IMG_5399

I’m trying out this new (to me) tool called Picasa. I made a collage. I hope you can see some of the many pictures I tool of the seals. (if it doesn’t look good, I’ll change it eventually.)

Seal Beach Collage

After visiting the Seals we headed to the San Diego area again. We went to the Harbor and visited for a while. We checked out all the boats. (Dan is in the picture with the pirate ship below)

IMG_5471

John and I…..

IMG_5489

It was such a beautiful trip….

IMG_5504

Next we headed down the bay a little to a shopping area. It was really. we walked around and had fun in the hat shop….

IMG_5508

IMG_5509

Dan the Astronaut…

IMG_5514

Tiffany- this was my favorite hat…

IMG_5520

John the sailor-YES, he was in fact doing the YMCA.

IMG_5525

Viking Kristi…

IMG_5531

Scary John!

IMG_5528

She could pull off every hat in the store….

IMG_5532

It almost looks like it could be his real hair.

IMG_5522b

Too Cute Tiffany….

IMG_5511b

a beautiful flower- Birds of Paradise

IMG_5538

Can’t get enough of the scenery…

IMG_5543

After a fun day with Dan and Tiffany we headed back over to the Foli’s to have another big dinner. John’s Aunt Diane joined us this time…

IMG_5553

We caught Tim helping out in the kitchen… (Ginette wanted this picture as evidence. lol!)

IMG_5561

Stay tuned for more our trip…..

No comments: